Tuesday, August 14, 2007

More horses than cattle

Karen's mother Suzanne tells me Clarke County is horse country, more horses then cattle here. I can occasionally hear some from my tent. Might go boot and riding jeans looking today in a town called Battle Ground - which has a certain ring to it. I can tell my renowned fondness for footwear is going to be at an optimum. There again we might not boot shop, little 'uns have a big say in what happens with scheduling - which simplifies things. Me and Singing Snake have a shopping rendez-vous in Kalispell on Saturday so I'm certain boot lust and love wil be realised fantastically.

Finally I think I'm over my jet lag, but I've reset onto a terrific early to bed early to rise routine which really suits me in this glorious weather.

I'm getting quite a bit of Amelia holding time. She seems to like being held and sung Yeshe Tsogyal mantra. I'm also getting allot of time to catch up with yoga practice on the verandah which is an ideal, warm yet shady place. I have teacher training assessments about 6 weeks following my return to the UK so I'm trying to cover the syllabus well whilst here. Plus it'll help keep some riding muscles supple. That and some sKu-mNye.

My rather magnificent Tonto Rim hat arrived here along with a few other items. It is really splendid and I am already anticipating an eventful return journey in it on the plane.

No comments: